a National Endowment for the Arts recipient whose works have been displayed
in the Corning Museum of Glass, New Glass Review, and the Americans in
Glass national exhibition.
From residential stained glass projects to complete glass environments
for public buildings, Powells hand-ground and polished thick, clear
bevels have transformed the art of glass into a visually kinetic experience.
These unique, multi-faceted shapes form prismatic optical illusions of
movement, surprising the viewer with an invitation for a closer inspection.
Click here to see Carl Powell's resume
commissions and collections include:
- Tacoma Museum of Glass, Tacoma, WA
- Mobile Art Museum, Mobile, AL
- Mission Children's Hospital, Asheville NC
- City of Anchorage, AK
- City of
- City of
- The Clock
Tower, San Francisco, CA
Corporation, Redwood Shores, CA
- Several other
art museum collections
- Dale Chihuly, glass artist
- Larry Ellison, CEO, Oracle
- Stanislav Libensky, glass artist
- Robert Rauschenberg, painter
- Paige Rense Noland, Editor in
Chief, Architectural Digest
- Paul Marioni, glass artist
- Tess Harper, actress
- Jennifer Tilly, actress
- John Hauberg
Detail of Cosmos
To inquire about stained and beveled glass commissions, pricing etc. click here
Dance, Oakland, CA - 4'x4'
111 Grovewood Road
Asheville, NC 28804
Click here to see Glass Sculpture
Flamenco in Cobalt, Barcelona, Spain -
8' x 11'
Dancer - 2.5'x3.5'
Labyrinth - 29"x36"